Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: You won't believe this!!! Expired coupon update

  1. #1
    Inactive Member julliams's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 3rd, 2006
    Posts
    162
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I am absolutely floored by the excellent customer service I received from AG.

    I emailed them about my coupon being expired from the Samantha DVD that I bought here in Australia. I bought the DVD in January this year and the coupon had expired in June 2005.

    They told me to send them the coupon and my receipt but that they couldn't promise anything.

    I did and then I got a post office card saying I had a couriered international mail to pick up. I was a bit surprised as I wasn't expecting anything.

    Anyway, they sent me this big envelope (really big) and inside was the whole gift certificate album with the card and a copy of the catalogue and a $10 gift voucher.

    The envelope was sent Express mail and cost them $21.60 to send to me. So basically they just spent $30 on me and I haven't even bought from them as yet.

    I was so overwhelmed. I had told them that I was visiting from Australia and planned to buy two dolls from them when I was in LA but still....

    I wrote them an email and thanked them profusely and told them that it was refreshing to be treated this way by a company and that I was looking forward to buying from the LA store.

    Isn't that amazing? I would have thought they wouldn't have cared about me since I am from another country but obviously that is not the case at all.

    I am stoked! It has just made the whole idea of buying these dolls even more special for me and my daughter.

    Juliette

  2. #2
    Inactive Member MOM to JILLIAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 2nd, 2006
    Posts
    684
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    That is wonderful! I'm so happy that things worked out for you so well. Enjoy your $10 and enjoy your trip to AG Place.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member trvnbrn's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 2nd, 2005
    Posts
    440
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    YAY! So happy that AG is treating it's Intl. customers so well. [img]biggrin.gif[/img] Which two dolls are you buying? I remember you were really interested in Kit. Have fun shopping! [img]graemlins/party.gif[/img]

    Bren [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

  4. #4
    megaagfan1
    Guest megaagfan1's Avatar
    Oh WOW! In July 2005, I rememberd that I still had my Samantha DVD coupon. I e-mailed them, & they said that they couldn't renew it.... [img]frown.gif[/img]
    This makes my wonder. Why didn't they renew my 10% off coupon that I have? [img]graemlins/hmmm.gif[/img]

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ February 12, 2006 10:15 PM: Message edited by: megaagfan1 ]</font>

  5. #5
    Inactive Member JuliaAM's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 17th, 2002
    Posts
    884
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Oh Juliette, that was so heart-warming to read! Just when I think Mattel/AG has lost the heart of it's fans, they do something sweet like that. Thanks for sharing. That makes me want to put in an AG order. Hmm. Yep, I think I'll go to the AG site and window shop a bit. [img]cool.gif[/img]

    Julia

  6. #6
    Inactive Member cami713's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 23rd, 2005
    Posts
    1,375
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    That's so great. AG really does do amazing things sometimes.

    Did you buy the movie on ebay or in an actual store? Is the DVD Region 0? Or did you buy it just for the coupon (which would have made it a real bummer if AG hadn't been so awesome!)?


    Oh WOW! In July 2005, I rememberd that I still had my Samantha DVD coupon. I e-mailed them, & they said that they couldn't renew it.... This makes my wonder. Why didn't they renew my 10% off coupon that I have?
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I think the difference is that Juliette bought her DVD after the expiration date (given that they needed the receipt), and never had the chance to use it, even though it still said on the outside that there was a coupon inside. It sounds like you had it all along (as you said you "still had" yours) and could have used it before it expired. Hers wasn't being renewed, just properly honored.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member julliams's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 3rd, 2006
    Posts
    162
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I did buy it on ebay and it isn't any region but I did tell them that and provided them with my ebay receipt that I got with it when I bought it. The DVD was in the proper packaging and was all sealed up so it was a proper one.

    I don't think they had to do what they did and I think that they might have just got a kick out of the fact that I am coming all the way from Australia. I don't imagine that their international market here in Australia is all that huge so I don't think they would be wanting to knock us back. Then again, because they don't have a huge market here I am surprised that they bothered with me in the first place.

    I am just thrilled - a real AG day for me today - the coupon and my first AG buy!!!

    Juliette

  8. #8
    Inactive Member MollyGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 16th, 2005
    Posts
    945
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    So nice to hear a positive story about AG.

    [img]graemlins/smarty.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/smarty.gif[/img]

  9. #9
    Inactive Member FelinaDoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 3rd, 2005
    Posts
    692
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Very Cool

  10. #10
    Inactive Member amyjoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2004
    Posts
    1,029
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    That is great!!! It makes me happy to see stories like this. Thank you for sharing!!!
    I am so glad they did this for you!!! [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •